Tuesday, December 30

Long time comin'

I've finally tired of PBJ sandwiches. It only took 30 years, I figure.
The suck part of this; mobile lunches that are cheap don't take too many other forms.

The thing about Spokane is that it can't ever get over its conflict about who it is. There aren't enough smart/hip people to keep really cool and potentially envelope pushing( for Spokane, at least) business, ideas, and events going for very long.
You have to pander to the idiot class to make anything work in Spokane, is what I'm saying, or do what you do so well-and with virtually no competition-that failure is nearly impossible. But without risk, there is no reward, and so why risk?
I like Spokane. I grew up there. But it's fucking boring all too often, and almost always plays to the least common denominator, with very few exceptions.
And that's why I'm glad I'm in Portland. Spokane would make me angry/depressed, and I've slept with too many women-they know me now.

No comments: