Monday, May 22

A. Said it better


I remember watching The Fumes play at Ichabod's in Spokane. Ichabod's was a poorly lit place with a strange layout; cheap wrought iron fences seperating the dancing and stage area from the tables and drinkers. This must have been 10 years ago, easy.

The Fumes were doing their punk rock thing, and I stood there with Mr Forehead and watched Gus move at supersonic speeds between the snare and high-hat, the bass drum being kicked like a LAPD victim, and it took a second, but I realized that both Mr F and I were mesermized by the drumming. Forehead turns to me and said: "You know Gus is actually an alien?"
"Yeah. How else do you explain that?"

I haven't seen Gus in years. But he was always nice to me, (in the 'Kan it's pretty easy to meet musical heroes) and I'm just sorry that someone nice is gone.

1 comment:

DM said...

If it's anything close to what he posted on MySpace; absolute agreement.

You probably didn't get to meet Gus. You'd've dug him.