Wednesday, December 11

Hm

A commenter at my blog tried to call me out for 'claiming to like (heavy) metal but afraid to use a public toilet'. 

So first: My claim to love heavy metal is in no way effected by my ability to piss somewhere. Second: I just wasn't going to use that toilet. 

But whatever. 

I got uncomfortably drunk at an event not that long ago. I mean uncomfortable in the sense that; I, personally, was unhappy with my level of intoxication. I kept getting free drinks and kept insisting (to myself) that I didn't need lunch because I was going home in just a second and...I ended up publicly drunk and I feel incredibly embarrassed about it. Telling a friend about it, they said, "Oh, you were that guy," which pretty much sums it up.

I am pretty certain that I didn't do anything I shouldn't, like fight or fuck anything along those lines that people would be angry at me for, so that is good. I took the bus there and home, so I wasn't a danger to anyone (beyond being absurdly drunk) but I got home and felt miserable for about an hour. Some rest and dinner helped a great deal but it wasn't fun to be home in front of the girlfriend and generally so out of whack that my brain was a sewer of self-loathing and sadness. 

I really have to remember to take better care of myself at these events. I don't get free beer very often but when I do, I tend to run a higher risk for going overboard. That's not good at all. 

On the upside, the times in my life when I will get free beer are pretty slim so hopefully if I just remember to eat I should be in pretty good shape. 

No comments: