Monday, July 5

humor

.: God is having a very good chuckle. The laughter mentioned in my last post is in regards to girls. Night before last I basically decided that I was going to make some 'moves' on various young ladies. This after nearly a year-and-a-half since my last relationship. So yesterday at work, no joke, they all came by within the same hour, just daring me to make some kind of decision on which move to make first. Then today I run into this girl who I've known for 8 years and always had a crush on. When I first met her I thought she was too young, it was that awkward stage between adolescence and adulthood for her and I was in my mid twenties, then she ends up dating a guy I know who happens to be my age. They were together for quite some time and have a child together. Insert a bit of laughter. Well I run into her now and again over the last couple years since they split up and always talk myself out of making any move. Then she dates someone else I know, albeit briefly. I hung out with her a couple months ago with the idea that maybe something could happen, then I got distracted or distracted myself purposfully but unconsciously. Today: I run into her and she looks amazing. I am excited and we plan to hang out later this week. By the way, she only lives a block away. This evening I walk over there to see if she's around and find out her ex has a job offer in another city and that she needs to decide whether or not she is willing to move, in fact she is supposed to decide tonight. Otherwise I guess he won't take the job, because of the child. Unabashedly I let her know that I would be sad to see her move, that I am always excited to see her and for whatever reason I never really pursued her but at this point I am interested. I'm sure this must have uncomplicated her evening entirely. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that I had to put that out there for her. All's I can do is wait, and I don't know how interested she is but she's always seemed so. I guess I just hope and pray for the best whatever that result may be.

No comments: