Thursday, November 18

Mornings

Woke up. Didn't really want to get up. It's Nov 18, 2004, and I don't feel like going to work. Spenet 3 minutes, just standing in front of the bathroom mirror in my underwear, wondering if I should just say the hell with it and call in sick.
This isn't depression, understand. I just know that I don't have a lot to do today that needs to be done. I'm tired. Woke up tired. I've mostly recovered from the cold, but tendrils still remain.
It just feels like one of those days when I'd be better off playing Metroid and kickin' it on the couch than doing anything useful.
Word is, the new Metal Gear Solid is worth playing as well. But I have Metroid and it's sucking me into the Aether world. I'll take it, right now. There seems to be new and interesting things to look at, and I find myself scanning everything in the game, sometimes 2 or 3 times, just to get a handle on what the fuck it is I'm looking at. The controls are as they were in Metroid Prime, and I'm very focused-far more than usual, at looking around at everthing to try and get the most out of my adventure. It's a little difficult at the start, insofar as once you set down a path, going backward isn't made possible. I figure that will change, but right now it's a little annoying because I don't always know that I'm chosing to go on a one way path, and I haven't always explored enough before going through the door.
I haven't even been at work for an hour and I want to go home and take a nap. Just blow this day off, drink some tea, play videogames until my head asplode.
I think I would've done it if there'd been someone to blow the day off with. It's that kind of day-you can't quite justify saying 'fuck it' yourself, but someone else giving you that nudge-and you're gone. You've decided to do it before you've decided to do it, you know?
The sun looked like a sigil of the apocalypse, gray clouds diffusing the faint light around it giving us only a yellow-gray ball of doom. There was an accident on Hawthorne bridge in the jousting lane, which had me arriving later to work than intended.
All signs point to staying the fuck home. I should listen to myself more often.

No comments: