Thursday, December 22

Twilight Zone

I agree with Kris, seems Pitchfork has gone black sheep on us, and I think they like to mess with the expectations of their readers. Granted it's likeley that every Pitchfork writer listened to 5 times as many albums as I did this year so I can't reasonably argue against the list they created. Perhaps they're breaking seriously new ground.

Caribou and Broken Social Scene made the tinymixtapes.com Top 25 & here's the Metacritic Top 30 along with Top Ten's from many significant magazines and sites.

1 comment:

DM said...

Lord knows, I'm a hell of a lot more interested in tinymixtape's top 25 than Pitchfork's. Hell, TMT just seem to be more enthused by their choices than Pitchfork.

I suppose, though, it should be said that I'm looking for music I overlooked, or never heard of, when I parouse these lists, not confirmation of what I already know is good.