Saturday, January 7

I could've had a V8

But no, instead I listened to The Killers. You see, SPIN has given them Band of the Year status. Thinking to myself that this was absolutely retarded I read the article to see if there was any justification of this. Well the article basically went on to say how 'massive' The Killers have become, that you don't just break into the hip-hop dominated charts with anything less than phenomenal songcrafting chops. So, I ventured another listen of Hot Fuss, perhaps I missed it before. Remember I was a bit slow too latch onto the Arcade Fire. The difference is that I liked Arcade Fire even if I didn't think they were all the shit everyone was saying they were, and The Killers just don't make my cut. It occured to me that I could be listening to Interpol. So I did. My ears feel much better.

6 comments:

DM said...

Do not buy into the lies of Spin. The Killers are some kind of Milk Dud-sweet on the outside, poison within. You listen to one song and thing; not bad, but you listen to an album and you start sharpening knifes to make lampshades from their skin.

Anonymous said...

Wow…a Godwin-in-One!

A.Ho said...

I do not get it.

Anonymous said...

Aaron, get a ckkliu!

Lampshades made out of human skin…who did that? Nazis! It's like a self-contained instance of Godwin's law.

DM said...

I thought it was serial killers.

But I guess there isn't much difference.

A.Ho said...

I have been thusly enlightened. Battle's half over.