Wednesday, January 4

I have to use my camera for something.

Here's a photo of my newest CDs.

I didn't recieve ANY music for Christmas this year. My heart was shocked. And awed.

So, I had to buy myself a little something to bring this lack of expected new music in line with reality. I chose to go with the Blossom Dearie self-titled album that I posted about last week, Johnny Cash's At Fulsom Prison, Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, and, for something contemporary, Deerhoof's The Runners Four.

I was chosen for a 3-month trial membership of Amazon's 'Prime' service. This lovely service gives you free two day shipping on any order. The annual membership is, I believe, $79. If you shop Amazon frequently it certainly seems worth it.

Anyhow, the Blossom Dearie is quite nice and sure to get regular listens. The Johnny Cash is just plain essential. I thought about buying the 'Legend' boxed set, but decided that the essential was a higher priority. Would you believe that I've never, to my knowledge, even listened to Joy Division? I've given Unknown Pleasures one casual listen and I certainly see how it was such an influential album, but more listens are needed to see if I can find the essentialness of this one. I haven't listened to the Deerhoof yet. All I've ever heard of them is a download I have from Apple O' and I'm not quite sure what to think about it. I like having something to listen to that I have no expectations of how it will sound. Though I do have the expectation that it will be quite good, based on all the year-end acclaims.

I'm currently listening to June of 44's Four Great Points. Good stuff.

No comments: