Wednesday, June 9

Music

.: It should come as no surprise that the new Sonic Youth is very good. Three tracks stand out right now:
1. Pattern Recognition, 2. Unmade Bed, and 5. Stones
I really, really like Unmade Bed but then I found myself particularly astonished by Stones, good stuff. What else did I listen to this evening:
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans and Ghost - Hypnotic Underworld
Listening to Sufjan is always cool and I'm finally beginning to dig the psych-folk-rock grooves of Ghost. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't found the appropriate time or mood to allow it a reasonable listen.

.: Update - Sonic Youth on their Leno appearance played Unmade Bed.

1 comment:

A.Ho said...

Murray St. is good, it grabbed me more quickly than Sonic Nurse. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up liking Sonic Nurse more. I tend to hold albums that grow on me in higher regard.

I'll be picking up that A.C. Newman for sure, someday.