Thursday, October 6

3/3

Strange new code is appearing in my postbox. What up with that?

Exchanged a bunch of CDs yesterday. Got 52 bucks out of 'em.

Bought: Death Cab For Cutie-Plans.
It isn't sticking right away, but I've only listened to it once. It doesn't suck, but I probably need to listen to it somewhere that isn't work.

Pelican-The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
Holy shit it's good. Instrumental epic metal. If the vocals to heavy metal give you headaches, give this a shot-then check out anything by Isis (who have vocals, but mine the same territory, which is interesting enough for them to be on Mike Patton's Ipecac label).

Broken Social Scene
They should've named it Windsurfer Nation.
That is my only complaint. One of the albums of the year, I have no doubt. Floored after only one listen. Just plain good, and if you don't like it, there is, most likely, something deeply flawed within your soul that requires surgery.

But I figure I got 3 out of 3. Pretty good score.

3 comments:

A.Ho said...

Justify my love. Or something.

Those new tags are for alignment purposes. If you write between the tags then your posts will be 'justified'. Use them or don't, I can take them out if you like. I actually haven't been using the Blogger interface for posting for about a month or two. I switched to a program called w.bloggar which is easier and faster, for this dial-up hombre.



I'm curious why you think the new Broken Social Scene should be named Windsurfing Nation as opposed to eponymous title they gave it. I know we were led to believe by Pitchfork that the title would be the prior, any other reason?

My nclszk itches.

A.Ho said...

I like the idea of soul surgery.

Re:Death Cab

I've only listened to it once but I liked it so much more than Transatlanticism right off the bat that I have to give it a thumbs up.

The new BSS is very good. I'm going to digest it more before forming a refined opinion as to it greatness.

DM said...

Cool.
I don't mind the tags or anything, they were just new-different and thus suspicious and should be killed.

I'm really opposed to the untitled album. I don't know why. It just seems so fucking blah, you know? Everything else has a title-and you don't see books with just an author's name on 'em, right?

Besides, Windsurfing Nation is just a cool title.