Sunday, January 16

The Big Takeover

I picked up the latest issue of The Big Takeover a few days back, it had Wilco on the cover, so I couldn't help myself. The Wilco interview is great, but only the first part, so I have to wait till the next issue to finish it up, and that's gonna be six months, apparently. But that's alright, because this magazine is pretty kick ass. I've never taken the chance to read it before, probably because it only comes out twice a year and I rarely see it on the shelf, my guess is it goes quick. I read a good Bad Religion interview today and now I think I need to invest in some of their albums. Going through high-school and my early twenties all punk-rock-skater and shit I somehow never listened to them, now the time, because those are some on top of it smart kind of fellas.

The Big Takeover has been around since 1980 and started as a double-side xerox. It's pretty much run written by just one guy, Jack Rabid, with contributions by numerous other folks. Anyhow, it's a good source for interviews and reviews and I'm definitely going to use it along with Pitchforkmedia.com as my main source for all things rock-related.

I resisted buying The Fiery Furnaces| EP today.

2 comments:

DM said...

The Bad Religion album to get is probably Suffer. Against the Grain is pretty good too, and Generator isn't bad at all-but there's this whole 90's period where they just didn't have much fire.

What I've heard of the new album says there's some fire again.

A.Ho said...

I'm looking at No Control, Against the Grain, and Suffer and probably the The Empire Strikes First. All of those, someday.