Friday, January 14

Breakfast

Apparently I can't decide whether I feel better or not, oh, and Happy Birthday to Me, and thanks Dan. Anyhow, I wasn't able to cover my Thursday shift at work so I went in and everything went ok, i.e. I didn't die, but by the end of the day I was really not feeling so hot. After a nap and a bit of food I felt quite a bit better, still I felt like ass, but by comparison a nicer ass, I guess. Woke up today, my birthday, hooray for me I'm 33, and I'm not feeling so hot. So I figure I need to motivate myself, get myself moving, maybe clean the house, stuff like that. Took a bit of the Nyquil, so I guess we'll see. Anyhow I feel capapble of posting a bit, so I am gonna do that.

I am excited about the upcoming Prefuse 73 releases. Looking back to 2003 73's One Word Extinguisher was one of the finest albums of the year, and I would consider one of the finest albums I own. I may have to go back and look at my 2003 purchases and do a Top Ten Retrospective. I only did a Top 3 for 2003 last year and I feel I should reexamine that. What else would I throw into a 2003 list? Off the top of my head:
The Decemberists| Castaways & Cutouts
Sufjan Stevens| Greetings from Michigan
Manitoba| Up In Flames
Guided By Voices| Earthquake Glue
M. Ward| Transfiguration of Vincent
My Morning Jacket| It Still Moves
The Rapture| Echoes
TV on the Radio| Young Liars EP
Viktor Vaughn| Vaudeville Villain
The White Stripes| Elephant
The Wrens| Meadowlands



Yeah, that wasn't entirely off the top of my head. To recap my 2003 Top 3: Broken Social Scene, Radiohead, and The Shins.

I should mention that I'm looking forward to the release from Caribou (formerly Manitoba), as well.

No comments: