Thursday, December 9

Cheese is tasty.

.:Lord. That's the sentence of the day. It was by no means a bad day. That's just how I feel right now.

.:Picked up The Arcade Fire -- Funeral album yesterday. It's quite good, even upon first listen. Over time I can see developing quite an affinity for it. It will make my picks for the year I'm sure, which really isn't hard this year. I personally didn't discover much music this year that left a large impression. Maybe none. I've ended up with a lot of music that I like but nothing that was what Broken Social Scene, Radiohead, The Shins or The Decemberists was to me last year. Nothing quite as intriguing as Prefuse 73 or momentous as My Morning Jacket. I'm looking forward to the Pitchfork Top 100 for 2004 to help prioritize the spots I need to fill for my yearly purchases.

.:I'm wondering how Dan is taking the shooting death of Darrell Abbot. I don't imagine I'll be wondering long. When I first heard of the shooting, and that it was in Ohio, my first thought was that it might be Guided By Voices. I believe they're on tour right now and they're from Ohio. It's interesting the connection you develop to a musician when you don't really know them. Coming home from work in April 2004 I walked in to find my roomies somber faces glued to MTV during a commercial break and they reported the news of Kurt Cobain's death. It's sobering when this sort of thing happens.

No comments: