Friday, December 31

SMiLE

.: I picked up the Brian Wilson| SMiLE album today. It's easy to listen to and has some great big bass drums in one of the tracks that I'd love to really experience, but I've got this neighbor I'd have to deal with. I'm not sticking it in my album picks yet, but I don't doubt that it will end up over there.

.: Well it's New Years Eve and the only thing I really am concerned with is the fact that I am NOT working on the most heinous night of the year in my profession, in my town. Can I get a 'Hallelujah!'?

.: I also have an inclination to hear The Dismemberment Plan's 'The Ice of Boston' whose lyrics I'll excerpt for you here:
Pop open the third bottle of bubbly
Yeah, and I take that bottle of champagne
Go into the kitchen, stand in front of the kitchen window
And I take all my clothes off, take that bottle of champagne
And I pour it on my head, feel it cascade through my hair
And across my chest...
And the phone rings.
- And it's my mother. -
And she says "HI HONEY, HOW'S BOSTON?"

And I stand there...all alone on New Year's Eve,
Buck naked, drenched in champagne, looking at a bunch of strangers,
Uh, looking at them, looking at me, looking at them, and I say,
"Oh fine Mom, how's Washington"

.: Dan here's to you and better times in 2005.

No comments: